Clear Lake Attractions
We invite you to stay in Clear Lake, Iowa to experience our genuine Midwestern hospitality, an abundance of recreational activities on & off of the lake, world renowned attractions, fabulous shopping & dining experiences, and a variety of award winning events throughout the year!
View Full Calendar of Events for Clear Lake click here.
The South Shore Inn is conveniently located a short distance from many attractions. Here are just a few:
- Surf Ballroom 1.6 miles
- Downtown Shopping 1.4 miles
- Clear Lake State Park Beach 1.0 miles
- Lady of the Lake 0.9 miles
- Clear Lake City Park 1.0 miles
- Central Gardens of North Iowa 1.4 miles
- Clear Lake Boats / Boat Rentals 0.1 miles
- Clear Lake Aquatic Center 1.6 miles
- All Vets Golf Course 4.2 miles
- Oak Hills Golf Course 1.0 miles
- Arrowhead Golf Course 1.3 miles
- Lake Theatre 1.0 miles
- Movies in the Park 1.0 miles
- Church in the Park 1.0 miles
- McIntosh Woods State Park 6.3 miles
- Kinney Pioneer Museum 3.8 miles
Arts and Culture
Surf Ballroom - Site of Buddy Holly’s last concert, the Surf Ballroom still has concerts and can be reserved as a convention hall or reception site. It is also a tourist attraction, and every February has a tribute to those who perished in the February 3, 1959 flight.
Lady of the Lake - The stern wheeler ferry boat takes passengers on a scenic cruise around Clear Lake. The Lady of the Lake has an enclosed lower level and an open upper level.
Clear Lake Fire Museum - Designed to resemble an early fire station, this museum’s highlights include a 1924 Ahrens-Fox pumper truck, the city’s 1883 hand-pulled hose cart, and the original fire bell used by the department. Also, there is a memorial dedicated to honor all the firefighters who have served Clear Lake.
Fort Custer Maze - the maze covers nearly two acres and has over two miles of trail. The design is changed weekly during the summer season and prizes are given weekly for the fastest times.
Clear Lake Arts Center - This non-profit organization, the Arts Center displays local and regional artists’ work along with a sales gallery and art classes open to the public.